As a values-based organisation, we aim to behave in an ethical and fair way.
If we need to cancel an event:
- We do our best to ensure that our events run as scheduled. In the event that we have to cancel an event, for example due to the unavailability of a presenter or technical difficulties, we will offer you a refund or a booking on a rescheduled event.
- If we are forced to cancel due to government advice or regulations, such as a public health emergency, we will endeavour to reschedule the event at a time or location that is unaffected by the advice or regulations before providing a refund. If the event cannot be rescheduled in a reasonable timescale, we will provide a refund.
If you need to cancel your booking for an event:
- Booking for our Global Safeguarding Sessions (webinars) are non-refundable.
- Bookings for our conference events can be cancelled in advance (if you give us at least 14 days notice we will refund 75% of your booking fee. Cancellations with less than 14 days notice cannot be refundable).
- Bookings for our training events can be cancelled in advance (if you give us at least 14 days notice we will refund 75% of your booking fee. Cancellations with less than 14 days notice cannot be refunded).
- We respect the fact that some people have a right to cancel as consumers. Please contact us if you think these rules apply to you.
Booking an event:
- Wherever possible events should be paid for online using a credit/debit card or PayPal.
- Where this is not possible we may agree to accept a purchase order and raise an invoice. Requests can be made online or by email.
- Where an invoice is requested and organisational procurement processes require excessive administration to ensure payment is received, we reserve the right to charge an additional administration fee.
- A request for an invoice is considered to be a commitment to purchase and creates an obligation on the part of your organisation to pay.
- If you are not authorised by your organisation to make such bookings, you should not do so. We will consider all bookings received from an organisation to be from a duly authorised representative.
Content of our events:
- Our events are designed to be thought provoking and we select speakers and contributors based on their professional skills and/or lived experience.
- The views expressed by speakers are solely those of the speakers concerned and they do not represent the official views or opinions of Global Safeguarding.
- Global Safeguarding Ltd and its officers, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the views and opinions expressed in such events or for any decision based on those views and opinions.
- We work in a way that celebrates diversity and challenges discrimination. We accept our role in eliminating the addition risks some people face because of their age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, race, or ethnic origin.
- We expect our speakers and representatives to treat those attending our events with respect.
- We expect those attending our events to treat others with respect and reserve the right to ask anyone considered to behave in an unacceptable or discriminatory manner to leave.
- Global Safeguarding Director's judgement on the acceptability of conduct at our events is final.
- Anyone asked to leave an event on the grounds that they have behaved in an unacceptable manner will not be refunded any part of their booking fee.
- Some events are dedicated to particular professionals or those working in specialist roles. We reserve the right to decline bookings from anyone who appears not to meet the requirements of the event. Global Safeguarding Director's judgement on the acceptance of bookings is final.